Are binaural beats safe to use?
Brainwave entrainment has been used and documented in the medical field for well over 75 years now. In fact, bwe been used knowingly and unknowingly throughout time spanning back as far as recorded history. The repetitive drum beat of healing rituals performed by ancient cultures was actually ‘entraining’ the brain to certain frequencies, opening the minds of the listeners to manifesting health. More on the history of brain entrainment here.
All of this to say, people have been safely using brain entrainment for a long time now. The more recent, and more scientific, use of brain entrainment has been proven to show many positive results. This is typically what researchers focus on. Studies like the Metro-Dave Police department study in the early 1990′s that found entrainment can reduce muscle tension and heart rate helping police be able to handle stressful situations, and in 1993 a study on a group of boys with learning disabilities age 8 – 12 showed an average IQ increase of 8 points after 40 sessions of brain entrainment, are just a couple of the examples of great results achieved through the use of brain entrainment.
Are binaural beats safe in the long term?
But, have there also been studies on the long term effects of brain entrainment? Through the research on the benefits of brainwave entrainment, there have been no major discoveries of negative or damaging effects of entrainment on the brain. However there are certain people that should not use this technology like:
- People with epilepsy or are prone to seizures- the regular pulsating rhythms can trigger a seizure.
- People with hear problems or a pacemaker- entrainment may cause irregularities in heart rate
- When you are doing certain activities- don’t use entrainment products when you are operating heavy machinery of any kind cars, power tools, or even heavy objects. You are usually getting your brain in a lower frequency or altered state. Don’t put yourself at risk like this!
- Children or pregnant women- babies are at a higher risk of seizures and pregnant women, it’s generally recommended that you wait to do anything fun until after you give birth…. sorry : )
If you have any question as to whether or not you can or should use brainwave entrainment, ask your doctor.
In conclusion, is brainwave entrainment safe?
Yes! If you use them according to the instructions of the developer of the product that you buy, brain entrainment is a safe way to get your brain operating on the frequency that you want. And it just flat out makes you feel good!
Want to get stared with brainwave entrainment today? Sign up for my newsletter below and get a FREE isochronic tone (similar to binaural beats but more effective) and the free Chage Your Brainwaves, Change Your LIFE ebook, a 65 page guide on everything you need to know about binaural beats and brainwave entrainment.
Get your FREE isochronic brainwave entrainment mp3! And as a bonus, I'll throw in the "Change Your Brainwaves, Change Your LIFE!" ebook ($39 value) ...A beginners guide to everything you need to know about brainwave entrainment.... In this book you will learn:
Also once you are a newsletter subscriber, you will get access to loads of free brainwave entrainment content and the latest deals and discounts right in your inbox!
- What brainwave entrainment REALLY is and how it works
- The amazing benefits of listening to BWE that can literally change your life
- Why everyone should listen to brainwave entrainment (hint: it can make you smarter, more creative, stress free, and give you lazer sharp focus)
- Uncover the scientific evidence of how and why BWE works
- Tips on how to get guaranteed results with brainwave entrainment (simple steps that a lot of people forget!)
- Resources for finding high quality brainwave mp3's (even some for FREE!)